tall-lighthouse - with its beautifully-produced publications is now
an unmissable landmark lighting up the London poetry scene.
(coffee-house poetry at the troubadour)
NEWS FROM THE LIGHTHOUSE
• The new titles for 2013 have now been chosen. We will announce the titles next week for publication in October 2013.
• tall lighthouse will be running a free open mic from the Poetry Cafe, Betterton Street, Covent Garden, London on the 2nd Monday of every month from March 2013. The next night is 8th July 2013, 7:30pm, with a sign up for a six minute spot between 6:30pm and 7:15pm.
• Upcoming readings from tall lighthouse poets include Ben Parker at the
Dorchester on Thames Festival in May 2013 [click for details] and Aioffe Mannix reading excerpts from the work of Adrienne Rich at The Jewish Book Week on 2nd March 2013 [click for details]. Their work is available from the publications section of the website or at the event itself.
• We are proud to announce the publication of Ben Parker's "The Escape Artists" and Jodie Hollander's "The Humane Society". Both titles were published on November 30th 2012. Orders can be made from the publications section of the website. Biographies of the authors and some of their poetry can be found in the poets section. The Sabotage review of the Parker pamphlet can be found here.
• We are sad to announce the death of Janice Fixter, author of the excellent collection "A Kind of Slow Motion", who passed away on the 24th July 2012. An extremely talented writer and a genuinely open personality, she will be much missed.
• We highly recommend the relaunched magazine "The Echo Room", edited by Brendan Cleary and published by Echo Room Press / Pighog Press, which includes great new work from Joe Duggan, Helen Mort, David Crystal, Martin Stannard, and many others. A link to purchase is here.
Submission guidelines can be found here.
The new window for submissions is currently open and closes on 1st October 2013, with authors being notified in early November 2013.